Thursday, September 6, 2012

Introduction

I currently am taking part in an independent study in journalism as part of my senior year. This blog is a major component of the study. People often believe blogs are not true journalism, but I believe, if used correctly, they can be.

Tumblr gives a bad name to blogs. This will not be a blog of pictures and short, inspirational statements. This will not be a blog of memes with a list of things the best boyfriends do. This blog is about the pursuit of knowledge which is what journalists, and writers in general, should all be a part of.

As the title states, sports are not as important as most topics. I had my heart set on being a sportswriter, but I have discovered other outlets. What sports do offer, just as art does, is a unique way of interpreting life. I will be doing this (interpreting life through news and happenings and observations) 1-3 times a week in this blog. It is my pledge to all the followers I have as of this blog post (zero) that I will be fair and discuss a variety of topics. All I ask is you hold me to this pledge.

Maybe in my young age this lack of bias is idealistic and naive. I don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment